Our Montessori Classroom
The La Printaniere Montessori teachers take considerable time and care to create an environment that sparks a natural curiosity in the child. The didactic materials are organized by logical groupings in each curriculum area.
The La Printaniere Montessori classroom includes:
- Prepared environment with Montessori materials, extensions and hands-on experiences.
- Concrete multi-sensory Montessori materials with an incorporated control of error.
- Individual and small group lessons.
- Scheduling that allows for uninterrupted work cycles.
- Self-directed learning.
- Freedom within limits.
- Respect for each other.
- Respect for the environment.
Each La Printaniere Montessori classroom is led by certified Montessori teachers who have been specifically trained for the ages of the children they are guiding.
The environment is important for everyone. We understand that every person in the community has different needs and we work hard to create an environment that permits us to function as a team or, in Montessori's words, "a cosmic whole."